Massachusetts General Hospital
Department: Cancer Center
Scope of Position
Under the direction of the Practice Manager and the Clinical Team, the Patient Services Coordinator performs the responsibilities outlined below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
This position involves close interaction with physician staff and fellow members of the clinical center as well as patients with cancer.
- Schedules initial, follow-up, and multi-disciplinary (with multiple providers) patients utilizing IDX
- Coordinates and maintains providers’ master clinical schedules using IDX
- Obtains intake information from patient and referring physician’s offices.
- Schedules Radiology tests utilizing ROE
- Orders and obtains scans for clinical sessions, pathology reports/slides, x-rays, x-ray reports and lab results.
- Works with Infusion Unit to coordinate chemotherapy treatments for patients
- Ensures completeness of Encounter forms
- Performs daily reconciliation with daily schedule and encounter forms
- Triages and manages high volume of patient telephone calls, utilizing superb customer service skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy, which is consistent with HIPAA guidelines.
- Provides cross coverage for other practice staff members for absences, vacations, etc. and during variations in workflow, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science/Business, or a Secretarial Training Certificate Program desirable.
Minimum of 3 years secretarial experience or equivalent in a medical or health care related setting
Massachusetts General Hospital - 11 months ago