As the only global provider of commercial solutions, Quintiles understands what it takes to deliver nationally and internationally. Our teams help biopharma get their medicines to the people who need them. We help customers gain insight and access to their markets and ultimately demonstrate their product's value to payers, physicians and patients. A significant part of our business is acting as the biopharma's sales force to physicians or providing nurses to educate patients or prescribers. With the right experience, you can help deliver medical breakthroughs in the real world.
We are excited to announce that at this time we are looking for a Reimbursement Business Manager to join our team of over 10,000 global field representatives. In this role you will be supporting ThromboGenics, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of eye disease.
The Reimbursement Business Manager
The Reimbursement Business Manager is responsible for the coordination and execution of all reimbursement support activities in an assigned geographic region. The Reimbursement Business Manager will work closely with key healthcare providers and payers to ensure that patient care is maximized by providing support and assistance with relevant reimbursement related issues.
Quintiles offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
We look forward to the prospect of working with you! Please apply on-line at: www.quintiles.com
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Minimum 2 years reimbursement or managed market experience.
- Previous experience with the public payer sector preferred.
- Experience with physician-administered products.
- Experience with ophthalmology reimbursement preferred; however, experience with other buy and bill products will be considered.
- Frequent domestic travel, overnight stays, occasional air travel.
- Full driving license.
- Demonstrated performance and results
- Demonstrated business acumen; customer and marketplace expertise
- Professional credibility; demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Business Insight; demonstrated ability to apply technical/scientific knowledge
- Initiative & execution-oriented
- Collaboration; Customer Focused with ability to identify, develop and leverage relationships
- Team player
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Coordinate and execute the defined reimbursement strategy in an assigned territory which will span several states.
- Provide superior customer service to Retina Specialists and select ophthalmology practices in the territories in the support of reimbursement issues at a case and office-level.
- Optimize company pull-through of the managed markets strategy at the local level.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the product and the potential barriers to reimbursement.
- Establish reputation as the reimbursement subject matter expert in the retina community for assigned product(s).
- Liaise with key home office staff, including department head and sales & marketing team members.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and/or issues within the retina community by attending conferences, reading key journals, etc. and begin to promote self as a knowledgeable resource to internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with Account Managers to communicate on payer issues and payer-specific strategies.
- Work with relevant patient advocacy, state, institutional, and other associations.
- Utilize designated CRM system to update records, report daily calls, record expenses and produce assigned reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Comply with relevant US and state-specific legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Advise manager of changes in competitor activities and market changes and liaise with manager to identify potential new opportunities.
- Establish relationship with Retina Account Manager counterparts so as to be able to ensure all offices are fully-supported on reimbursement issues.
- Project a professional impression of the Company and act in accordance with the relevant local Pharmaceutical Industry's Code of Practice.
- Act as a mentor for new recruits, participate in new starter training programs and on occasion provide locum support for the team in line manager's absence.
- Good understanding of Pharmaceutical Market and related procedures.
- Demonstrated reimbursement expertise and payer knowledge.
- Demonstrated understanding of buy and bill.
- Solid understanding of Specialty distributors.
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal and ethical parameters for discussing practice economics and reimbursement regarding carriers, MACs, etc.
- Fluency in software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with decision makers/opinion leaders in the relevant market
- Ability to conduct face to face presentations to customers
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage all activities associated with achieving regional objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
Quintiles Transnational - 16 months ago
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...