Product Validation Engineer
The Fabric Development Organization within Intel's Technical Computing Group is defining a new interconnect/fabric architecture for large scale, high performance systems. We have an opening for a Platform Validation Engineer. As a Platform Validation Engineer, you will have an integral role with the Intel fabric validation team, aiding in the design of innovative architectures to deliver higher levels of performance and value.
Job Description: In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design and implementation of tests to uncover hardware defects or performance issues with Intel's latest fabric products
- Debugging of tests in software simulation, emulation and silicon test environments
- Developing and supporting validation tools which may include: Software simulation, drivers, libraries and debug tools
- You will be working in a fast-paced, team environment and must be able to multitask, and collaborate across engineering disciplines and geographies
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, and:
- 1+ years of programming experience in C/C++ and scripting languages (i.e. Perl/Python)
- 1+ years of experience in x86 computing architecture and networking fundamentals
- 1+ years of validation and debugging experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of networking concepts would be highly beneficial (ideally both from a hardware and/or software standpoint)
- Knowledgeable about leading-edge HPC Fabrics and Software Programming models
- Excellent hardware and/or software interfacing skills
- Knowledge of Linux development
- Strong problem solving skills
USA-Wisconsin, Eau Claire
Apr 26, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...