To provide quality senior level secretarial and administrative support services to the department and demonstrate high level judgment to determine when consultation with the department director indicated. To plan, organize and coordinate a broad range of activities and projects in order to serve the department. The Senior Executive Secretary must demonstrate the ability and commitment to follow through and find solutions to problems within the scope of this position. Attention to detail and effective use of resources are essential components to this position. The incumbent has routine access to highly confidential data pertaining to patients, employees, financial, and/or legal matters. Confidentiality is essential in this role.
This position is full-time and generally reports to an Assistant Vice President or Director.
Essential Job Function(s)
- Effectively plan meetings and coordination of events.
- Coordinate and attend meetings as requested, create agendas, take and transcribe meeting minutes,
- Coordinate department schedule and monitor meeting schedules for executives to ensure timelines are met and attendees are confirmed,
- Arrange travel, meeting site, hotels, pool cars, equipment (audio-video, teleconference, phone lines, etc.) and refreshments for meetings and events,
- Ensure rooms and equipment are in order and that presenter’s needs are met,
- .Assist in arranging health conferences,
- Anticipate needs,
- Plan for contingencies and problem solve effectively.
- Create and publish documents and PowerPoint presentations to a web server,
- Develop and reformat forms for department use,
- Communicate to and build relationships with internal and external customers/partners,
- Maintain a smooth and appropriate flow of information,
- Be friendly and approachable for various assignments,
- Maintain sensitive, confidential information as per HIPPA regulations,
- Compose professional correspondence (i.e.; various reports, department forms, flowcharts, minutes, documents, proposals, drafts, graphs and manuscripts),
- Act as a computer resource for various software applications (i.e.; Outlook and Microsoft products),
- Function as a receptionist and representative of the Chief Medical office for visitors and guests,
- Direct and assist guests as needed to and from Security areas.
- Maintain and distribute master contact list / data base of internal and external group listings as requested and appropriate.
- Make complex and routine decisions daily within the scope of supervisory or policy guidelines,
- Prepare reports,
- Maintain the operation of various types of equipment within the office setting including computers, printers, phones, copier, etc. Take an active role in problem solving equipment malfunctions in the department,
- Manage / track monthly budget expenditures,
- Prepare check requisitions and purchase orders with appropriate signatures,
- Process travel and other reimbursements,
- Coordinate appointments and schedule business calendar(s) for executives,
- Compile and distribute all necessary documentation for meetings and appointments in a timely fashion,
- Organize and maintain files (hard copy and electronic) for executives and associates,
- Maintain calendars, projects and assignments, archives, etc.
- Sort and distribute mail, as scheduled.
- Receive and direct phone calls,
- Work in a team role with other secretaries and staff in adjoining areas and departments.
High School Diploma
Five or more years of executive secretary experience with at least two years recent secretarial experience supporting multiple executives
Typing proficiency and computer keyboarding skills
Must have excellent communication / interpersonal skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel as well as a willingness to learn specialized computer applications.
Typing speed of 65 WPM (Words Per Minute) with 10-key proficiency
Knowledge of medical terminology
Experience with Microsoft Powerpoint
Must have the ability to transcribe dictation from recorded audiotape and written notes
Must be able to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks quickly and efficiently
Excellent organizational skills
Demonstrate positive, cooperative attitude
Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor
Must be able to work within department guidelines with minimal supervision
Must be able to work well under pressure through use of advanced time management techniques.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 2 years ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...