- Responsible for providing planning, support, implementation and troubleshooting activities for the enterprise infrastructure environment. This may include LAN/MAN/WAN servers and components, e-mail, groupware, wireless, and other hardware/software technologies that enable the processing of business transactions between corporate, division, and outside service providers. Anticipates IT industry direction and makes recommendations to support current and future infrastructure needs and projects.
- Manages a team of 8-10 leaders, engineers, consultants and/or analysts who are responsible for the planning, implementation and technical support of company infrastructure including LAN, WAN, mail, servers, systems (e.g. Lotus Notes), and the voice communications network. Creates BCBSMA enterprise wide strategic networking and LAN plan/program that will support and meet the business needs of the company's operating departments ensuring that the plan is developed as a cooperative effort between functional business areas, and systems development, operations, and facilities groups.
1. Business Application, Strategy and Planning
- Develop annual plans in conjunction with clients and information systems for equipment, software, personnel and other expenses required to maintain the company's needs and provides accurate and efficient budget management for the department.
- Develops opportunity/risk analysis and presents to leaders as required.
- Ensures appropriate skill mix and creates developmental plan and career advancement opportunities, providing the following: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; staff reviews and evaluating/appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain the alignment of the IT tactical plan to appropriate areas of the BCBSMA strategic plan facilitating the use of technology to support the larger mission of the company.
- Meet with subordinate leaders/supervisors to discuss progress of work, resolve problems and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
- Monitor software / user licensing; authorize additional licenses Reports to various groups, including CIO, IT Leadership etc., as needed
3. Leadership Responsibilities
- Responsible for effectively engaging with external service providers, negotiation of workloads, crisis management, and management and prioritization of delivery through issue resolution.
1. Adaptability and Growth
- Provides business insight to link and leverage multiple points of view and align to a variety of programs and projects
- Assesses complexity of information and levels of ambiguity to create and oversee changes in plans and scope
- Actively partners across the organization and seeks out opportunities to add value and market resources for business process
- Leads effectively and adapts work style to elicit the best from teams
- Responsible for strategy and leadership of cross functional projects and programs
2. Analyzing Needs and Proposing Solutions
- Own problems and solutions. Leverages resources, both matrixes and direct teams to create solutions and make decisions
- Serves as a key point of escalation to manage problems and own solutions for a diverse series of timelines and outcomes.
- Draws upon diverse sources for ideas and inspiration in creative problem-solving
- Acts as a devil's advocate in ensuring the best solutions are crafted and executed
- While considering BCBSMA culture, aims to constantly improve and enhance the options to reach the best solution
3. Fostering Teamwork and Collaboration
- Actively drives cross functional partnerships and networks
- Serves as a key touch point to develop suggestions and brainstorm for the optimum solution
- Effectively influence to gain genuine agreement and will partnership, using a wide variety of techniques while maintaining integrity
- Boldly persists in the pursuit of excellence
4. Building Trust
- Channels and identifies multiple perspectives to provide insight to teams and projects on key constituent positions and policies.
- Champions the perspectives of different partners even in the face of resistance.
- Is open, willing to dialogue and candid in providing feedback and useful suggestions/solutions
- Serves as a role model for others.
5. Communicating Effectively
- Engages experts to create and execute on effective and candid communication plans for all initiatives
- Assesses and refines communications strategy to meet the diverse needs of all audiences
- Able to maintain or change paths, as needed, when the message is unclear, unpopular or untimely
- Serves as a role model for others on external business unit communications
6. Influencing and Negotiating
- Skilled at counseling and guiding others in developing strategies and effective business cases
- Uncovers, assesses and addresses objections proactively
- Skilled at advocating effective and business focused solutions while acknowledging diverse viewpoints
7. Acting with Urgency
- While regularly exceeding requirements to achieve objectives, also provides future focus and creates strategies to move the agenda forward
- Skilled at effective leadership and direction for project execution
- Manages changing project needs, deliverables and resources while identifying opportunities for development, efficiency, savings and growth
- Assesses risks and tradeoffs while moving forward in the face of change and tight timelines
- Organization-wide ownership of facilitation, strategy and execution on programs that meet division and corporate goals
- Leads cross-functional collaboration to achieve positive business and financial results
- Creates and supports the execution of sound business initiatives across the division and BCBSMA
- Champions process improvements fostering ownership and empowerment across the project team, IT and the organization
Experience and Education:
- College degree in computer science, related field and/or requisite experience
- Must have minimum 8-10 years proven leadership experience inclusive of staff management, project management and demonstrated management and technical expertise, practices, strategies and experience in medium to large call center infrastructures, (Call/Contact Centers) with a strong background in IT Customer Solutions. Acts in an advisory role to key call center leaders in strategic technology solutions.
- Requires minimum 5+ year's leadership in network and telephony architectural capacity with proven experience in Cisco lan/wan design implementation and ongoing management. Proficiency and/or experience with the following platforms or equivalencies is preferred: Avaya Systems ' Definity, S8700, Intuity, Center Vu, CMS & VoIP; Cisco Systems ' ICM, and Aspect Workforce Management.
- Demonstrated experience and results in achieving quantified improvements in cost and quality based initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects involving multiple organizational units, platforms, and/or technical components.
- Demonstrated development of strategic goals & objectives, financial management, organizational leadership and will act as the business liaison and advisory for strategic technology decisions.
- Strong leadership in the development and delivery of technology solutions which mitigate business risk, provide the foundation for current and future business initiatives
Must have experience with design, planning and trouble-shooting call center technology related problems in an enterprise environment with expertise in Avaya PBX or similar, CTI, IVR and Auto Call Recording.
- Demonstrated project management, technical skills and ability to lead others in a successful completion of goals.
If you're looking for a challenging work environment, opportunities to continually develop your skills, and be part of an organization that...