Provides high-level coordination and support for the School of Forestry & Environmental Studies fundraising and alumni services efforts assisting the Director and Assistant Director (“Directors”). In addition, this position will support an active communications effort between the school and its various external constituencies, including alumni, donors, and prospects. Department URL Address: Click here for more information Principal Responsibilities 1. Composes a wide variety of written materials including detailed individual prospect briefings, acknowledgements, stewardship letters and gift proposals.
2. Manages interaction between departments to optimize top prospect development interests.
3. Designs, implements, and administers research initiative on individuals and/or corporations and foundation using office files, databases, and Internet search engines and resources.
4. Creates summaries of the prospect pool with respect to giving, status, affiliation, and other focus points as needed.
5. Interacts with major gifts donors in response to inquiries.
6. Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submits and manages grant proposals for public and private funders.
7. Provides regular written updates/reports to current and past funders as required.
8. Oversees the full range of activities associated with the organization’s individual donor fundraising program (including annual appeal).
9. Identifies donor prospects through suggestions from staff, past and current Board members, existing donors, colleagues and other viable sources.
10. Schedules and prepares visits to current and prospective funders.
11. May perform other duties as assigned. Required Education and Experience Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s Degree in related field and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Required Skill/Ability 1: Well developed oral and written communication, editing and analytical skills. Ability/willingness to speak publicly occasionally to a variety of audiences. Required Skill/Ability 2: Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media and ability to adapt to University wide databases. Demonstrated organizational and research abilities with strong attention to detail. Required Skill/Ability 3: Ability to prioritize and handle diverse, simultaneous tasks while attending to details and follow-through. Ability to initiate and see tasks through with minimal supervision. Required Skill/Ability 4: Experience with website searches and public information sources. Professionalism, maturity, good judgment, and ability to work with confidential material. Required Skill/Ability 5: Ability to interact with top level donors and Yale administrators, as well as students and alumni volunteers. Ability to work well in and foster a team environment. Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Four to five years of administrative or professional writing experience or an equivalent combination of education/experience in fundraising, alumni services, communications and/or marketing. Interest in the environment. Experience in university setting or with development and alumni work. Knowledge of and proficiency in annual campaign fundraising strategies and techniques. Familiarity with Yale. Weekend Hours Required? Occasional Evening Hours Required? Occasional Drug Screen No Health Screening No Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process. Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 2 years ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...