HighJump Software Developer
Overstock.com, Inc. is an online retailer offering brand-name merchandise at discount prices. The company offers its customers an opportunity to shop for bargains conveniently, while offering its suppliers an alternative inventory distribution channel. Overstock.com, headquartered in Salt Lake City, is a publicly traded company listed on the NASDAQ Global Market System and can be found online at http://www.overstock.com .
Overstock.com is looking for a HighJump software developer to work on its warehouse management application and infrastructure. Candidates will develop in SQL and HighJump’s propriety language while learning the fundamentals of warehouse operations. Candidates should have a minimum of 3+ years of professional development experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or equivalent experience. We value intelligence, creativity, quality, technical leadership, and a strong interest to learn. At Overstock, you will have the opportunity to work at one of the nation's top online retail companies. You will work closely with a dynamic team of developers who all share a common goal: building highly reliable systems that can handle high transaction volumes without breaking a sweat.
Requirements:The ideal candidate must have:
And possess many of the following:
- Solid SQL programming ability.
- Experience with programming languages.
Other abilities we would like are:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or equivalent experience.
- Experience with warehouse management systems.
- Experience with large databases and systems.
- Experience with industry standard programming language (C#, Java etc)
- Experience with requirements gathering.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with HighJump’s development toolset.