PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Support FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Responsible for administration, maintenance and support of existing enterprise production database environments supporting mission critical systems. Protect integrity and access to all corporate data.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Administer and maintain SQL Server and MySQL Production database environments.
- Monitor backup jobs on all enterprise databases and perform routine disaster recovery scenarios.
- Work with senior team members to ensure data security is adhered to.
- Monitor databases analyzing and resolving performance issues.
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate procedures are followed for implementation of data and database changes.
- Interacts with business users verifying or helping to verify data integrity.
- Adhere to common database standards and procedures within a production operations unit.
- Maintain documentation related to database platforms, guidelines, methods and standards.
- Keep abreast of new design tools, hardware, software, and technology and make recommendations for future deployment.
- Triage/track outstanding issues, providing solutions to resolve defects and issues.
- Administer, maintain and support QA and development environments.
- Document and improve existing processes.
- Complete work assigned and assist with projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet the physical demands of working in an office environment such as standing, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Use of computer hardware, including keyboard data entry and other office equipment.
- Extended amounts of time sitting.
- Visual acuity to perform job requirements.
- Ability to maintain mental focus on complex logic.
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
- 5+ years experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experienced with Export/Import, SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS.
- Experienced with Backup / Recovery strategies.
- Experienced with High Availability configurations.
- Strong performance tuning skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to be proactive and work well under pressure.
- Microsoft certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex technical documents.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed and limited overnight travel will be required as needed.
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...