A Business Analyst contributes significantly to product design, development and support. The role provides functional direction and leadership in the development of integrated system products. Decisions affect the overall success of the product and directly impact financial performance, image, schedules and customer satisfaction. A BA is recognized internally as a subject matter and application expert.
The BA Role needs an understanding of the software development process, principals of software design, unique requirements of our target users, the business processes used by industry and the types of exceptions encountered in the functional domain of interest. They must keep up with ongoing changes in business practices and regulatory requirements. This individual must have business skills, software design skills, technical skills and strong people skills.
The BA will assist with the design, development and on-going maintenance of various P2 applications. They should be knowledgeable in various areas of the Oil and Gas Industry in the United States and Canada as well as other international jurisdictions. Additionally, it may be desirable to have a special focus on specific areas of specialty.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Gather and document business requirements
- Document and communicate proposed design solutions
- Create and maintain use cases for product functionality
- Create and update designs for new and existing product functionality
- Provide facilitation as needed for resolution of internal and external client issues and questions
- Coordinate and attend client meetings when necessary
- Provide input on enhancement requests, new products and/or features
- Train, coach and counsel junior team members
- Handle multiple job tasks with varying priorities
- Develop project specifications and time estimates for features and product enhancements
- Interface with outside influence groups to establish product requirements
- Interface with Product Management to assure appropriate end-to-end solution integration
- Present walkthroughs for clients
- Assist clients, consultants, sales, support, quality assurance and developers in understanding application functionality
Education and/or Experience:
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- 5-10 years of revenue accounting experience focusing on upstream Oil & Gas
- May consider similar consulting experience centered on upstream oil & gas revenue implementations for large oil & gas corporations
- Strong understanding of the process flow / accounting between production and revenue
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements for revenue
- Understanding of the process flow / requirements between revenue and land centering on agreements, division of interest and the various interest types involved
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business, Computer, Software, Petroleum or related field
- Prior experience with Enterprise Upstream is preferred
Apply To This Job
P2 Energy Solutions - 20 months ago
P2 Energy Solutions empowers the people who power the world. P2 is the world's largest software and technology company dedicated to the...