Purpose of the Job:|
Responsible for research and/or development of flow cytometry application test kits and procedures, and flow cytometry reagents and procedures in a team environment. Performs experiments independently after receiving general direction from supervisor. Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results. Prepares experimental protocol, data summaries, experimental and technical reports. Maintains and develops skills in cellular analysis and company technology through reading of internal reports and scientific literature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible to design, perform and analyze experiments to characterize the performance of product design and manufacturing processes.
- Perform the optimization and characterization of product design and manufacturing processes.
- Perform internal verification of product performance.
- Design, characterize and validate test methods.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
- Prepares experimental protocols, data summaries, experimental and technical reports, manufacturing and QC procedures.
- Designs work flows and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Manages competing demands
: Primarily an individual contributor.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- MS or BS with min of 2 years relevant experience
- Proven experience in flow cytometry is desired
- Critical thinking, well-read in scientific and technical literature
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly. Knowledge of safety precautions required for working with blood-borne pathogens at Biosafety Level 1 and 2.
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher's portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher's 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
Research and Development / Scientific
North America-United States-FL-Miami
Beckman Coulter - 19 months ago
Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing instrument...