About the Team:
The award winning BI Technology team is responsible for building out and supporting the centralized business intelligence platform used by all of company and its sister companies. This platform serves up hundreds of reports and dashboards, as well as ad-hoc tools for analytic and power users, leveraging a near-real time enterprise data warehouse. The goal of the BI Technology team is to build out this platform, empowering our users with automated and self-service solutions that allow the business to make the right strategic decisions. Whether it is an interactive dashboard, high-impact visualization, a static report, an email alert, or a custom tool to do deep data analysis and recommendations, this team has the tools and the know-how to get it done.
The BI Technology team is currently looking for strong engineers, innovators, builders, communicators, and thinkers. We're looking for people that are not restricted by their current boundaries, but instead look for the right solution to the problem at hand. We'll figure it out.
About the Position:
Currently, the company is looking for a Software/BI Engineer to join the Business Intelligence Engineering team.
The Software Engineer for Business Intelligence will be responsible for developing BI applications along with maintaining objects and reports within our environment. This BI Engineer will focus on building self-service BI applications and data presentation tools that produce accurate, relevant, and timely insight for our business users. BI Engineering offers cutting edge solutions utilizing varying technologies, including custom ASP.NET, Silverlight, and WPF applications, leveraging R for high-impact visualizations, or utilizing the full Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack, including SQL Server Reporting Services, Analysis Services, PowerPivot, etc.
- Work with Business Analysts and clients to understand business questions and needs.
- Design and create BI solutions with an emphasis on accuracy, usability and performance.
- Work with Data Warehouse Engineers to ensure data is positioned correctly and efficiently for BI solutions.
- Guide business areas in identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for analysis, process improvement, and visibility.
Platforms & Tools We Use:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- A passion for user interface design and data presentation.
- 2+ Years software development experience (C#, Java or similar).
- 2+ Years working with a relational database (SQL Server preferred) with a strong understanding of performance tuning techniques.
- Familiarity with creating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports a plus.
- SQL 2005/2008 Analysis Services Experience a plus.
- NET (C#) - ASP.NET, Silverlight, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (T-SQL).
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- SQL Server Analysis Services.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Computer Consultants of America, Inc. - 4 months ago
Computer Consultants of America, Inc. is a "Woman Owned" firm certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council specia...