Duties & Responsibilities: GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:|
Under general supervision, provide administrative support the agency's Executive Secretary and Staff Attorney including, but not limited to, document and file creation and maintenance of various databases. Processing agency's deposits to Secretary of State and tracking retained revenue. Work with Staff Attorney to ensure compliance with the Act regarding contacting complainants and respondents and provide administrative support throughout the course of the complaint adjudication process.
1. Reviews and processes incoming complaints following agency guidelines to the Staff Attorney
2. Creates and maintains complaint files.
3. Performs data entry into the complaint database throughout the life cycle of a complaint.
4. Performs final complaint file review to ensure all documents have been included, scanned and properly documented in the applicable systems.
5. Maintenance of final complaint orders and posting to website.
6. Creates certified mailings as required by the Act.
7. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the Commission's Act, Rules, forms and filing requirements.
8. Processes late fee waiver request correspondence under the direction of the Executive Secretary.
9. Creates and maintains all documentation related to late fee waivers.
10. Ensures applicable agency personnel receive late fee documentation for filing.
11. Process hardship waiver requests under the direction of the Executive Secretary. Maintain hardship waiver database and created and maintain all applicable documentation and files.
12. Supports the Executive Secretary during session by attending meetings, taking notes and preparing meeting summaries for distribution to the Commission members.
13. Administratively supports the Executive Secretary.
14. Support the Confidential Secretary with the preparation for commission meetings.
15. Collects, counts, and disburses money and prepares banking deposit forms.
16. Verifies cash box counts of Receptionist.
17. Performs advanced level processing of documents and transactions according to prescribed procedures.
18. Provides backup to reception desk duties.
19. Maintains a current active Public Notary Commission.
20. Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
21. Various other duties as assigned.
Skill Set Requirements:
High level proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007 - Word, Excel and Outlook
Type 50 WPM
Knowledgeable of Adobe Acrobat
Adherence to work time and schedule
Organized and detail oriented
Ability to take detailed instruction notes
Ability to follow multiple step instructions
Minimum Training & Experience: Two years related experience OR Associate degree OR One year at the lower level or position equivalent (GSS051) Note: Some positions may require an examination
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of 5 years office experience in reception and administrative assistant roles.
Minimum of 5 years office experience supporting an agency or department/division head, experience in the deposit process of checks, cash and credit card payments, reception experience, experience in the processing of a claim.
Prior work experience for a state or federal government agency.
Exam & Evaluation Information: Typing, grammar, spelling, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint testing
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...