Research Assistant (Job Number: 322144)
SAIC is currently looking for a Research Assistant to support operations of the Warfighter Performance Department at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT.
NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Assist with research on undersea environments, concerned with humans exposed to underwater sounds and vibrations as well as assisting with research on human factors issues aboard submarines.
- Be responsible for assisting in designing, recording, and documenting a variety of projects in both fields of research.
- Interact with and assist principal scientists at NSMRL in all aspects of experimental planning, data collection, data analysis, and reporting.
- Travel to support projects both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Research solutions to novel problems as they arise.
- Document all work in laboratory notebooks, technical reports, posters, and documentation binders.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in either an experimental science (such as, but not limited to, physiology or neuroscience) or a technical field (such as, but not limited to, engineering or statistics). The degree should have included coursework in research methods, technical writing and basic statistics.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Skills should include a foundational and theoretical understanding of general scientific principles.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computers, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Prezi highly desired.
- Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
- Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0730 to 1600.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel (~10-25%) will be required.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 18, 2013, 1:22:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-CT-GROTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...