The duties and responsibilities of Thermostat Repairer includes:
• Under supervision, tests, maintains repairs and replaces various types of thermostats and related equipment used for the control of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems;
• Installs tubing, pipe and fittings in connection with various types of thermostats and related equipment used for the control of heating, ventilating and air conditioning;
• Checks existing control installation to determine nature and cause of troubles and make necessary repairs and/or adjustments;
• Uses pneumatic and/or electrical devices to check control installation;
• Sets and calibrates thermostats on walls and fixtures;
• Requisitions parts as required;
• Supervises assigned personnel as required;
• Keeps work records.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a thermostat repairer acquired within the last ten years; or
2. At least three years of experience as described in "1" above and either sufficient experience in the thermostat repairing field as a helper or apprentice, or sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade, technical or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of the remaining required experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of the above helper or apprenticeship experience or training.
Please go to www.nyc.gov/careers or www.nyc.gov/ess for current NYC employees and search for
Job ID#: 115652
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED. NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.