We want you. Because you have talent and drive. Because you're resourceful and creative. Because you have ideas and enthusiasm. We want you because we believe in the power of one. And we've created a world where every individual understands how hard we work for them. What will your contribution be?
Required Skills & Experience
- Verizon is looking for solutions architects for Cloud Services with the ability to advance strategic efforts in cloud computing and application delivery with optimized IP Networking.
- The candidate must be able to work in a rapidly evolving space and quickly capitalize on opportunities.
- This candidate will lead parts of the overall systems business strategy and innovation and be responsible for applying Virtualization, Cloud Computing, "Big Data" Analytics and other web technologies to existing telecommunications applications in order to increase revenue, decrease time to market, and shorten deployment cycles.
- The candidate will help define and execute a technology strategy and roadmap that will enable Verizon to transform the way it offers network products and services to its customers.
- The candidate will be charged with managing the development of cloud computing and distributed application environments within Verizon that can support next generation communications processes, workflows, and applications.
- The candidate will be expected to build this environment by gathering and understanding requirements, designing and implementing a solution, and integrating the solution with the necessary related systems.
Demonstrated expertise in design, engineering, and virtualization in the cloud environment. Experience in product development of applications and web services.
Technical experience with the following technologies:
Internet Technologies: HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, SPDY, Apache
Databases: MySQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, NoSQL
Virtualization: AWS, VMWare, OpenStack, or Xen virtualization suites Cloud Applications: IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, IAM, MSS, WAN Acceleration, Managed Network Services Server & Storage Technologies
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience as a product manager or business analyst in the hi-tech industry
- Experienced with deploying software applications to live production environments at high scale
- Able to justify design, build, and buy decisions using solid ROI analysis
- Skilled at interacting and negotiating with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure system related products and services.
- Expertise on security and data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a high pressure environment.
Back to Search Results
- 3 to 5 years telecommunications experience
- Experience at a startup
- Solid portfolio of past work
- University Master's degree in computer sciences or software engineering, or equivalent experience
Verizon - 23 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...