Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Our PetSmart Sales Team is seeking a Junior National Business Development Manager that will work with PetSmart Corporate to manage the Avoderm product business. This position will be based in our Phoenix, AZ office.
The primary responsibility for these positions is to drive new account revenue for the company, preferably through an established contact base at PetSmart. The successful candidates will be required to personally implement sales processes in order to build a solid sales base.
This position requires experience in implementing strategic marketing sales plans that maximize profitable sales growth. The National Account Manager will participate and provide input within the company including product development, business plan development, trade show and consumer marketing, customer service and fiscal planning.
Please see our web site for additional company information. www.central.com
- Implement company directives and be able to achieve sales plans
- Budget development and management skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Understanding of and utilization of KPI’s (Revenue, Gross Profit, Gross Profit Margin, Days of Supply, Inventory Turns, Gross Margin Return on Investment, Stock to Sales Ratio, Sell Thru Percentage, Sales Per Square Foot, Margin Per Square Foot, Same Store Sales)
- Develop and maintain national account base through strategic sales efforts.
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts for all assigned segments.
- Execute account specific programs designed to achieve profitable sales volume, optimal distribution and competitive retail pricing.
- Work seamlessly with management team to deliver tactical sales results.
- Bachelors Degree or comparable work history is required
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2-5 years experience with solid inside sales account management
- High volume product sales preferred
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding monthly sales quotas
- Experience managing large accounts
- Possess the ability to generate and foster relationships with customers
- Experience with full sales cycle
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a large sales team
- Desire to develop and grow in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Wholesale or retail background preferred
- Pet Industry experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel, also knowledge of CRM software preferred
PetSmart Sales Team is required to attend all:
- Team Meetings
- Sales Planning Process
- Customer Events and Sales Meetings
CENTRAL GARDEN & PET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Central Garden & Pet is happy to help with both pets and pests. The company is among the largest US producers and distributors of lawn,...