This position will be responsible for testing, troubleshooting and installing all electrical equipment and electronic controls in compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The applicant must have strong troubleshooting skills, along with the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations. Ability to install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, as well as lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold or extreme heat (non-weather); risk of electrical shock; work with explosives; risk of radiation and vibration.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrial equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, and lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors, < 480 volt unless qualified at higher voltage.
- Maintain, repair, tests and installs electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices.
- Determines parts required for repairs and recommended inclusion of inventory.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on electrical components and keeps maintenance records.
- Maintains compliance with electrical codes, standards and regulations.
- Follows all safety and health requirements at the plant facility.
- Performs daily safety inspections and routine checks of electrical equipment and components.
Familiar with mechanical and electrical industrial systems.
High School Diploma
5-10 years direct experience in an industrial setting
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
Associate Degree Preferred
Appropriate apprenticeships considered