Do you love troubleshooting and problem solving, automating redundant tasks, figuring out how to constantly improve performance and push the limits of a system? Do you have experience or a strong interest in Hadoop and evolving and maintaining big data systems?
Yieldex is looking for a an individual with a proven track record of success in a complex SAAS production environment based on Linux and open source. This is an engineering position where you’ll use your knowledge of both hardware and software to create distributed solutions to handle our growing volumes.
Who are we? Yieldex created the first comprehensive, fully integrated revenue and inventory analytics platform for digital publishers. Yieldex’s format-agnostic platform, YieldEdge, accurately forecasts, manages and prices inventory across all revenue channels. Digital publishers who use YieldEdge have stopped leaving money on the table because they no longer have to juggle multiple delivery platforms across channels and formats or untangle complicated, overlapping inventory. Leading media companies such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Scripps, CBS, Viacom, ESPN, Fox, Pandora, The Weather Channel, Condé Nast and dozens of other publishers all use Yieldex to unlock the true value of their inventory. For more information, visit www.yieldex.com .
Each client brings an interesting set of technical challenges so you’ll never work on solving the same problem twice.
What level of volume are we talking about? Billions of impressions per month -- the kind that requires 300 servers in the hadoop cluster alone. For a company of our size, we manage an incredible percentage of internet traffic.
Yieldex has lots of fun, hard problems to solve that come with a handling large volumes of data nightly. We are constantly figuring out new, creative ways to make the system do what our customers expect and how to evolve the infrastructure to meet the exponential growth in the volume of data we’re processing.
It’s most important that you have:
• Healthy curiosity of distributed and interconnected systems and continually develop ways to improve reliability.
• Ability to develop a solution for a unique problem and take ownership to be successful
• In-depth Linux server administration
• Proven ability to automate and improve via scripting or other language
• A real knack for troubleshooting and problem resolution
It would be great if you have:
• Familiarity with Java and MySQL
• Knowledge of, or a desire to learn, high performance and scalable network architectures
• Prior experience building and managing large server deployments
• Experience building disaster recovery sites is a plus.
• A Degree in CIS, CMS, or IT
We work in a highly collaborative, team office in Louisville, CO.
Bring your best to our growing company and in return you will be heard, supported in your professional development, and work with a team that respects your commitments outside of work.
Please send relevant resumes to email@example.com with the position name as subject.
Yieldex - 21 months ago