USO #1807 - Geek Squad Deputy Field Marshal - Portland, OR
Job Number: 11000004RI
The Geek Squad Deputy Field Marshal will be directly responsible for leading and managing the pooled labor employees within Geek Squad Installation as well as Geek Squad Double Agents. The Deputy Field Marshal will also be the leader on duty and will need to make decisions and provide guidance, coaching, training, and act as an advocate for Geek Squad Installers and Double Agents. They will pursue ongoing productivity improvements and convergence of technology.
The DFM will need to make decisions regarding employee scheduling, customer satisfaction, and productivity without direction. This leader must oversee the day to day support activities carried out in a labor pool and will collectively be responsible for teaching, coaching, and enforcing on-site and store SOP and company policy within a staff of Double Agents and Geek Squad Installers. This position must maintain close relationships with the Best Buy retail stores across multiple districts, particularly the General Manager, District Managers, Market and Territory leaders, and in-store employees to partner, influence, educate, learn, and provide guidance and direction.
The Deputy Field Marshal is responsible for protecting, delivering, and personifying the field service and Geek Squad brand while managing the complexities of a highly mobile workforce.
This leader will provide district/market level leadership through decision making, influencing others and acting as the subject matter expert while inspiring innovation and focusing on meeting unique needs. The DFM is responsible for ensuring the delivery of superior customer service, enhancing the employee experience, driving operational efficiency, and growing the business in an effort to support converging technologies.
- High School Diploma / Equivalent
- 1 year Leadership experience of direct/indirect reports
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current, valid driver's license with a clear driving record (no convictions in the last 3 years of: DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, and no more than 2 moving violations or accidents)
- Must be able to carry 100 Lbs up 2 flights of stairs and lift 35 lbs over head with or without reasonable accommodation
Job: Geek Squad
- 2 year degree in Technical or related field
- 1 year Geek Squad experience in addition to Home Theater installation experience
- 1 year Leadership/direct supervisory experience in a retail or services environment
Primary Location: United States-OR-Portland Metro Area
Organization: Best Buy US Retail
Job Posting: Mar 2, 2012
Best Buy - 2 years ago
Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances and...