The IT Analyst position is part of the Integrated Core Solutions FTM (Finance) team responsible for projects and support of the Finance functionality of SAP ECC 6.0 and other related applications including the design and configuration of the SAP ECC 6.0 FICO modules, integration with other Finance applications in addition integration with Customer Facing, Supply Chain Planning, and Production Innovation as our Finance solution is integrated within other processes.
The incumbent of this position requires team-oriented participation in the leadership, planning and execution of all phases of the system development life cycle, including requirements gathering, writing technical specifications, system configuration, prototyping application design, build/configuration, testing, production rollout, maintenance and related training. Provides integrated data, systems and technology solutions in support of business and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in a cross-functional team environment. Emphasis is on supporting the implementation of SAP ECC 6.0 and the design and implementation of a global Finance enterprise solution
- Develops expertise in BD's overall Finance functional process, including use of SAP and all complementary tools, and applies knowledge of SAP transactions in support of the functional business process teams and site teams
- Uses the approved BD support methodology to ensure all assigned problem and change tickets are resolved by the assigned completion date. Provides appropriate documentation and maintains system integrity by following proper validation, testing and documentation to meet support requirements
- Provides leadership in coordinating development requests and acts as a single interface to SAP Developers, Finance, and various project teams across IT
- Provides leadership in coordinating Project and Production Support with Application Management Vendors (such as SABRIX)
- Guides users and the Finance organization in a consulting role and acts as their single point of contact to the entire IT organization
- Provides technical leadership in the Finance community and assists in the alignment of business activities
- Manages enhancements, support packages and upgrade projects by working with end users in gathering detailed requirements, analyzing business processes, design, configuration, documentation and testing using BD's Global Execution Framework methodology
- Troubleshoots system problems and performs SAP Finance configuration to resolve production issues. Assists with the training of users on Finance business systems
- Act as a project leader on Finance Projects. Provide leadership on SAP ECC 6.0 solutions; Act as a point of Contact for 3rd party vendors and Finance
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience with the design and configuration of the SAP ECC/R3 FI/CO modules
- Working knowledge of Finance SAP processes and modules required
- Good understanding and practical experience of the integration points between FI/CO and other core SAP modules like SD, MM and PP
- Must exhibit a strong process management orientation and strong business orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both written (using Microsoft Office applications) and verbal are required for interaction with various levels of management and peers.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Working knowledge of SAP security module and or ABAP preferred
- Practical experience of BI Query Design & Execution
- Six Sigma experience are preferred
- Experience of working in a finance function with exposure to month end close, financial analysis, budgeting and/or forecasting activities
- MBA or Masters in technical/business relevant field of study.
- SAP ECC 6.0 Certification in FI/CO
- Six Sigma Quality Certification
Becton Dickinson - 17 months ago