The Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting the work of the Program and Grants staff for the Nordson Corporation Foundation. Responsibilities include managing employee volunteer programs and acting as a community liaison to identify opportunities that support the mission of the Nordson Corporation Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Manage the Time and Talent employee volunteer program
- Act as a liaison between Nordson and community organizations
- Work with volunteers to ensure positive experience and effective results
- Manage events and logistics
- Produce the monthly newsletter by developing content, interviewing individuals, inserting photos and linking this information to the website.
- Assist in the overall success of the annual United Way campaign.
Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, take initiative, solve problems, and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Web based skills
- Highly organized professional with the ability to manage numerous projects
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to communicate decisions tactfully
- Presents a pleasant and professional demeanor
Knowledge of Micro Edge Gifts a plus
Bachelors degree and one to two years work experience (with a foundation and/or non-profit a plus)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Volunteer experience required