All work is under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist. Assists pharmacists in the data entry and preparation of prescriptions with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency. Assists the pharmacist with inventory ordering, receiving , reports, and drug recalls. Provides excellent customer service including intake, release to patient, communicating on the telephone and assisting our customers. Provides fast, friendly, helpful and efficient service to all Price Chopper customers.
- Consistently work to provide fast, friendly, helpful, and efficient customer service at all times to ensure that the customer has a positive shopping experience and customer satisfaction.
- Obtain information for new prescriptions presented in person, insurance and coverage, date of birth, name legibility, phone number and address
- Accurate interpretation of the prescription and data entry of information into the prescription dispensing computer system
- Reconcile third party insurance billing issues for proper reimbursement and patient charges
- Retrieve, count and measure drugs, insert in proper vial or bottle, assure safety cap or non-safety cap according to state rules and regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure the proper inventory ordering, receiving, and stocking the shelves, reporting for accounting and perpetual inventory and display of these products.
- Assists in maintaining an acceptable inventory of medications and pharmacy supplies under proper conditions of storage and security
- Answers phones to obtain proper prescription refill information, refers all patient questions and concerns regarding medications and therapies to the pharmacist, refers all doctor calls to the pharmacist, answers questions regarding third party billing issues and other questions, which do not require the professional judgment of the pharmacist.
- Assess, input and retrieve information from the computer
- Operates cash register including cash, checks, credit card charges, coupons, insurance signature logs, pseudoephedrine logs, and offers pharmacist counseling.
- Performs administrative duties of the pharmacy
- Aspires, participates and successfully completes the Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician Program
- Develops a positive relationship with Price Chopper employees and customers.
- Maintains a clean, neat and organized work station, according to 5S standards, including fill pharmacy supplies, vacuum, dust/face, disinfect counter tops, clean sink, straighten workflow area, clean counting apparatus, empty trash
- Presents a professional image to the patient including wearing nametag and proper dress code
Performs other related duties as assigned by management and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Strong customer service skills
Be a team player
Good mathematical skills
Spelling and reading abilities
Willing and able to take direction
Knowledge of prescription sig codes and abbreviations
Ability to calculate days supply
Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Knowledge of prescription dispensing computer systems
Exercises good judgment
Accepts responsibility for completion of activities
Ability to prioritize and organize workload
Ability to problem solve
Satisfactory performance reviews.
Successful completion of preliminary knowledge and skills assessment
Participation in the Price Chopper pharmacy technician training programs
Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey information both verbally and in writing effectively.
High school diploma or GED
18 years of age
1 year pharmacy experience
Frequent moderate physical effort (up to 25 lbs.) ,Frequent standing and walking ,Occasional bending, reaching and climbing. ,Store Environment ,,
Price Chopper - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 125+ stores in New York,...