If you think slot machines are just about spinning reels and pull-levers, we’re not interested. If you think slot machines are about developing incredible graphics, software, and interactive and mobile solutions, we’re not only interested, we’re rolling out the red carpet. With offices around the world and positions available in a multitude of specialties, Bally Technologies offers our team members stability, variety, outstanding benefits, and the challenge you have been searching for.
The person in this position is responsible for development, designing, testing, coding and integrating software products. Provides support to and works alongside other engineers to create innovative products. Works to identify and implement testing application and service that best prepare the company to meet future business goals. Applies working knowledge to user interface components, backend components, & SQL Server database stored procedures.
Training AND/OR Experience:
- Utilizes technical knowledge to write and complete software tasks and projects
- Researches new technologies and incorporates them into new systems and products
- Takes initiative in leading projects, delegating responsibilities, and collaborating with others
- Tests, integrates, writes, troubleshoots, and debugs software applications
- Responsible for the architecture and implementation of critical software components and games; uses company standards and applies design principals and patterns to develop robust software
- Works closely with other engineers to provide guidance and assistance in the areas of software architecture, coding standards, and system related issues
- May act as team mentor in a multi-person development team
- May supervise and verify the work of engineers, designers, draftsmen, or technician
- Should have 5+ years working in a software development environment in C++ or newer .NET technologies
- Knowledge of QNX, embedded development, and Rhapsody are a plus
- Ability to travel to customer sites as needed (usually not more than 1-2 weeks annually)
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Five or more years of professional experience in a software development team • Five or more years of experience with build automation, continuous integration, unit test, change management and configuration management • Minimum of two years experience with software methodologies • Experience with either software engineering/embedded software/computer/electrical engineer experience with software exposure
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment • Strong working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle • Strong working knowledge of operating systems • Strong knowledge of tools to test software applications/systems • Strong working knowledge of development/modeling tools • Ability to lead and manage subordinates • Strong multi-tasking skills • Enjoy working in a creative environment • Excellent communication skills • Must be able to obtain and hold a Nevada Gaming Card
Physical Requirements: Sedentary
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably BSEE, BSCE, BSEET, or BSCS or equivalent work experience. • Master's degree preferred
Bally Technologies - 2 years ago
Bally Technologies helps keep the casinos buzzing. The firm is a leading manufacturer and supplier of casino gaming machines, gaming...