With Sentry’s large book of business we are dedicated to providing top tier safety consulting to our mid-size and large business accounts. We are searching for an individual who is passionate about consulting on safety management practices and is able to work from home handling a large multi location territory of commercial businesses including manufacturing, printing, hard goods distributors, auto and equipment dealerships.
What You'll Do
The ideal Safety Consultant for Sentry Insurance will be located in the Orlando, FL area, with qualified candidates from the Tampa area considered. The Safety Consultant will be able to conduct onsite safety and risk assessments, seminars and training to our business insurance customers located in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia.
- Conduct onsite risk evaluation surveys and complete detailed reports to assist our Underwriting groups with account acceptability
- Assist customer with development and implementation of safety polices, programs and procedures specific to each account & loss exposure
- Provide advanced risk management and consultative services to assigned clients
- Maintain and demonstrate safety management and expertise in areas such as commercial property protection, employee safety, product liability and vehicle safety
- Develop, coordinate and conduct safety/risk management seminars and training programs for accounts to promote awareness and reduce claim frequency and severity
- Develop and execute service proposals and plans to large accounts
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree required
- Emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, or Physical Sciences preferred
- 5 years of insurance safety consulting or safety work in a private industry (manufacturing)
- High level of independence, organization, and self motivation to work from home
- Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi location accounts preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards, and DOT regulations
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn use of specialized building valuation (MSB Express), diagramming and report software
- Acceptable motor vehicle record for extensive travel (50%) including overnight travel
- Safety designations including CSP preferred and/or willingness to pursue professionals designations
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependant Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Renee Barr at RENEE.BARR@SENTRY.COM
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Sentry Insurance - 18 months ago
Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America.
Sentry is one of the...