Independently performs advanced-level support of desktop and network voice/data systems. Conducts design, implementation and maintenance of all levels of network systems and applications. Manages proactive intrusion prevention and works to insure security of network components and data.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform advanced-level network administration activities, independently
- Develop and implement complex data/and voice communications and network designs
- Develop scripts/programs to manage and monitor network and desktop systems
- Develop and implement policies, standards, procedures and guidelines necessary to effectively administer the network environment
- Manage network hardware/software and license inventory, proposing purchases and upgrades as necessary
- Manage network vulnerabilities, including virus protection, intruder detection and system auditing
- Assume responsibility for stability of LAN/WAN network infrastructure, insuring network capability, reliability and performance
- Create and implement network security policies and procedures and insure corporate compliance.
- Maintain Firewall configuration
- Set up and maintain routers, hubs, and telecommunications ports
- Administer corporate e-mail (MS Exchange) system including performance and anti-spam monitoring.
- Document and maintain network specifications, diagrams and connectivity charts
- Manage ongoing network performance tuning
- Develop, test and administer network backup and recovery procedures
- Serve as technical resource for associated systems analysis groups
- Perform special analysis or assignments as requested by management
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business, MIS, or commensurate professional experience
- MCSE and/or CCNA certification is desirable
- Seven years experience in network administration with a proven record of consistent quality performance desired
- Proficiency in the following technical concepts necessary
- Windows Server 2000 and/or Windows Server 2003