The Senior Industrial Design Contractor will have 8+ years experience with a great design hand, outstanding leadership in product ideation / creation, a history of commercially successful products and superior communication skills. Consumer product experience is required; healthcare or medical device work a plus. Contract duration varies per engagement, and the ideal candidate should be able to work on-site at either our Providence, RI or Minneapolis, MN office as necessary.
NATURE OF ROLE:
Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer and specific Project Lead, this individual will conceptualize and execute design direction in accordance with client and development team goals. Duties may include concept generation, mechanical design, creating renderings, control drawings and/or models as necessary. The ideal candidate should be an innovative, creative and well organized self-starter!
We are looking for a hands-on designer who is willing to roll up their sleeves and deliver compelling design solutions. Ximedica’s focus is on evidence based design; we use research to inform and fuel the design team and focus on human factors and manufacturing to deliver holistic product / service designs.
The designer is responsible for representing the user to deliver thoughtful design solutions. You will be a part of a cross functional team considering all aspects of development to move designs through a phased gate process toward production. You will partner with engineering and research to develop products and devices from concept through to production, and you will work alongside a creative and fun group of fellow designers.
NOTE - Ideal candidate should be able to work on-site at either our Providence, RI or Minneapolis, MN office.
• BFA or BSID in Industrial design, or comparable
• Strong sketching skills; including rapid visualization and modeling
• Working knowledge of human factors and ergonomics
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Energetic, proactive self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop client presentations; including capturing the design development process
• Solid graphic skills
• A team player who asks great questions to inform the design process
• Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of basic mechanisms
• Working knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, especially injection-molded plastics
• 3D CAD experience (Solidworks / Rhino), Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office
• Ability to pitch design solutions
• Design research experience a plus
Ximedica, an Item Group company, specializes in the design, development, and supply of innovative new medical devices. We offer medical...