Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them? Do you get excited about scaling applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Application Developers who are passionate about coding to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Attend meetings to understand desired results, in order to execute the design and coding of programs
- Convert specifications about business problems into programming instructions
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
• High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
• 2 years of experience in Java development utilizing the Spring framework
• 2 years of Web Services development experience
• 2 years of unit testing experience in Java environments
• Bachelors degree
• Java/Sun Certification
• 1 year of Agile experience in a professional environment
• 1 year of experience in a continuous integration environment
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle Co DE-ING Spaarpot (18052)
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Capital One - 15 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...