Position Summary: This position is responsible for installing, servicing, troubleshooting, and performing preventive maintenance on NDE inspection equipment.
Essential job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
1. Perform routine and emergency maintenance on electronic equipment and networks used to collect, process, transmit, receive and record data.
2. Perform periodic inspections, testing, adjustments, calibrations and servicing activities as required.
3. Perform acceptance tests of new equipment and inspect the installation of equipment and systems for conformance with plans and specifications.
4. Perform functional tests to identify and correct telemetry system failures.
5. Perform operational systems tests and fault diagnostics to identify and correct electrical, pneumatic and electric analog and computer systems failures.
6. Maintain and repair electrical, electronic, and pneumatic test instruments.
7. Prepare maintenance service reports and excel spreadsheets.
8. Perform periodic inspections, testing, adjustments, calibrations and servicing activities as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of electronic and electrical low voltage circuits; electrical and electronic theory and practice as applied to process instrumentation and control equipment.
2. Working knowledge of methods, practices and equipment used in maintaining, repairing, testing and adjusting various recording, control, and measuring instruments.
3. Working knowledge of analog and digital system fault diagnostic techniques and procedures.
4. Working knowledge of the principles of electricity, chemistry, and physics.
5. Principals of preventive maintenance and maintenance documentation.
6. Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, plans, blueprints and wiring diagrams.
7. Good written and verbal communications skills.
8. Ability to troubleshoot and repair analog and digital controls.
1. Associate’s degree in related field or any combination of work experience and education in the electronics/instrumentation field
The successful candidate should be innovate and resourceful. Self starter with the ability to work independently is a must. Candidate should have a working knowledge of various NDT/NDE equipment and systems. Must be proficient in the installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic NDT/NDE equipment. Working knowledge of gear boxes, various motors, tach generators, resolvers, and quad encoders a plus. Maintain wireless communication and video cabling for analog and digital circuits. Candidate should be proficient in using and maintaining PC’s as well as software installation.
Work involves use of computer terminal and may require sitting for extended periods. Some overtime may be required. Work extended hours in variable weather conditions. Available to work a flexible schedule, which may include remote locations.
May require light physical effort such as stooping, bending, reaching and occasional lifting of lightweight objects (up to 25 pounds).
The overall physical health of the Individual should be well enough to allow them to:
1. Lift 70 pounds from ground level to chest height.
2. Work and walk on uneven surfaces.
3. Climb ladders to pipe rack heights.
Bristol Bay Native Corporation - 18 months ago