Provide support to the Production Specialists and customers for production tracking, pre-edit processes and quality control, vendor file transfer, customer proof distribution, file maintenance/archiving, and all journal and book schedule adherence.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
Ensure integrity of data in production database for incoming and outgoing materials to/from customers, freelancers and global partners.
Review and provide feedback regarding manuscript preparation operations performed by global partners.
Pre-edit manuscripts and/or perform quality checking of pre-edit processes. Resolve basic quality concerns.
Process finished art proofs.
Transfer electronic manuscripts and graphics to appropriate vendor(s) and resolve any related transfer problems.
Maintain good communications and relations with offshore partners and other departments and staff.
Send electronic proofs and hard copy proofs, per customer requirements, to editorial staff, authors and customers.
Check vendor products for compliance with specifications per Department procedures and under the direction of the Production Specialist.
Perform periodic system maintenance and archiving.
Back up Office Assistant duties as necessary.
Maintain procedures documentation.
Contribute to ongoing workflow refinements.
Assist in training new staff as assigned by the Group Leader.
Participate in team, Group and All Staff meetings.
Perform general office duties such as filing, photocopying, and faxing.
Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient computer skills, including keyboarding, file management, databases and experience with MS applications.
- Organized and attentive to fine detail. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Successful customer service experience.
- Cooperative with other departments and personnel, and able to maintain positive relationships with vendors and customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The Sheridan Group - 18 months ago
According to The Sheridan Group, it's printing that is mightier than the sword. Through its six specialized printing businesses, The...