Jr Facility Engineer (Job Number: 322323)
The Junior Facility Engineer will provide on-going facilities engineering support maintaining a classified government facility. They will be responsible for engineering guidance on multiple complex facility systems with the ability to assess and adapt to certain security requirements and their effect on those systems. The Facility Engineer will ensure proper maintenance, calibration, repair and validation of all facility equipment to include duties related to the following tasks:
- Provide support for facilities maintenance and inspection activities IAW AFI 32-1001 Civil Engineering Ops Management, AFPD 32-10 Civil Engineering Installation Facilities and other applicable references.
• Inspect, maintain, and repair all facility electrical and mechanical systems equipment as needed and/or per applicable manufacturer recommended guidance.
• Perform facility and radome preventative maintenance inspection (PMI) and identify items requiring repair IAW PMI schedule -
• Develop a PMI schedule for all facility equipment and resubmit annually for government review.
• Manage the PMI schedule and coordinate with the Facility Manager to get the PMIs on the Facility Integration Schedule.
• Coordinate and schedule outside contractors for PMIs and repairs if/when needed
• Perform facility and radome generator inspections and maintenance
• Conduct thermal imaging for all equipment
• Perform Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) maintenance and service UPS batteries
• Ensure the facility and radome generator runs as required in accordance with Air Force Instruction (AFI), (AFI 32-1063, section 7).
• Maintain facility diesel fuel system (Veeder Root)
• Conduct fire alarm system maintenance and testing
• Maintain roof lightning protection systems
• Maintain and test building interior and exterior grounding systems
• Maintain facility cathodic protection systems
• May be required to assist in snow removal in conjunction with SAFB Civil Engineering around the MCSB, to include sidewalks, walkways, facility vehicle parking, etc.
Bachelor's degree in related field and 2+ years of directly related experience to the duties stipulated above.
Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 20, 2013, 6:05:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 16 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...