Richfield Hospitality, Inc. is a leading hotel management company with a premier track record of maximizing profitability and improving asset values for hotel owners. From hotel operations and property management to electronic distribution and interactive marketing, Richfield achieves superior operating results through its strong commitment to guests, associates and owners.
The Sheraton Chapel Hill, our premier, full service hotel is off of Franklin Street with easy access to the UNC campus - an ideal base for exploring the Triangle area. The Sheraton is dedicated to making our guests feel at home and we work to create a culture focused on guest comfort. We are committed to creating and sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We continually strive to maintain a positive team-based culture where people make the difference.
We seek talented and enthusiastic team members that have a passion for hospitality and are Accountable, Authentic, Compassionate, Driven, Original, Talentcentric, and Fun. These are our Hallmarks and they reflect the values that are important to us. Our Hallmarks drive our culture and play an integral role to the success and the continued growth of our company.
The Cook is responsible for production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations in a profitable, competitive, quality manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares food according to specifications, works line, stations as needed.
- Maintains the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Controls portions and waste to meet food cost guidelines
- Use records, production lists, pars, training, etc. to meet corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
Eligible for Incentive:
Required Skills and Requisites
At Richfield, we are dedicated to creating and sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We support our associates with highly competitive salaries, outstanding health benefits, extensive training and development programs, promotion from within the organization, and a positive team-based culture where people make the difference.
- Must possess culinary knowledge and skills.
- Service orientation. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Leadership qualities. Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment by aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
- At least 1 year of cooking experience preferably in a high volume, quality culinary environment.
- Hotel experience or full-service restaurant preferred.