High School Diploma or G.E.D. Technical degree or certification preferred.
Two (2) years of EPG field experience or accepted alternate is required.
Field service experience in a fast pace environment is required.
Experience with Diesel and Natural Gas Engines, Electrical Switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches and Balance of Plant Equipment.
Good working knowledge of power generation components, power electronics, electronic controls, and fuel systems.
Excellent at managing customer relationships.
High level of responsiveness, and a strong proactive attitude to problem solving.
Microsoft Office Software proficiency as well as SISWeb and Parts Integrator.
Able to read electrical schematics and equipment mechanical drawings.
Ability and motivation to learn quickly.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Desire and aptitude to perform hands-on work.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions. The following may be expected to be encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, shift work as needed - 1st and 2nd, working outside, stooping, bending, squatting, or working in a prone position.
Fabick CAT is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for 99 counties in mid and southern Missouri and southern Illinois. We have been in business for over 90 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com .
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of engine and electrical related systems, start-up of generators, transfer switches and switchgear systems.
- Provide customer support for on-site power generation facilities through technical evaluations of specific application, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Repair and maintain reciprocal engine based power generation systems throughout the territory.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and training to service technicians and customers as requested.
- Explain and defend warranty decisions; generate and communicate service bulletins to both customers and Engineering.
- Communicate cost, service and reliability issues from Field to Engineering with intent of convincing appropriate departments for cost reduction and design improvements.
- Write full reports on findings from field service events, with clear, concise information.
- Communicate daily clear comprehensive field reports regarding assigned units.
- Perform any and all duties as assigned.
Fabick CAT - 10 months ago