Every day, the 30,000 people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) turn crops into renewable products that meet the demands of a growing world. At more than 265 processing plants, we convert corn, oilseeds, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. We operate the world’s premier crop origination and transportation network, connecting crops and markets in more than 75 countries. Our global headquarters is in Decatur, Illinois, and our net sales for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2011, were $81 billion. For more information about our company and our products, visit
Crop Insurance Adjuster
– ADM Crop Risk Services – Kansas
This is a full-time exempt position.
This position is with the Crop Risk Services division and will perform adjusting duties based on governmental guidelines and procedures.
- Complete field inspections.
- Ability to read maps and aerial photographs.
- Measure fields and storage bins.
- Discuss findings of crop loss with farmers.
- Perform fact-finding regarding crop damage, recording information, and transmitting information to accurately determine potential indemnities.
- Be able to follow appropriate regulatory rules, regulations, and procedures.
- A minimum of two years of college with a farming or agriculture background.
- Must be able to make decisions using sound judgment.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to use own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Perform follow-through communication on assigned tasks.
- Must be able to travel within the assigned territories.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Archer Daniels Midland - 22 months ago
A daily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of...