Primary Job Responsibilities
• Facilitate, conduct and accurately manage Accounts Receivable and collection process
• Process, collect and effectively manage accounts receivable, timely and efficiently
• Timely, accurate, and professional client responses and escalation of A/R inquiries
• Timely and professional responses to internal entities’ inquiries related to accounts receivable
• Submit to clients requested back up documents, statements and payments information missing in their system
• Utilization and maximization of the current module or any other system in the process of accounts receivable
• Evaluate, develop and maintain time efficient collection methods for increases in efficiency and timely receipt of accounts receivable invoices
• Conduct research in client invoice issues raised internally and by clients to correct errors
• Maintain security and integrity of all company documents and other official documentation
• Any other accounts receivable related tasks as directed by team supervisor or manager
• Credit Control Process and Management
• Maintain and update internal credit control procedures in effect daily, weekly or monthly as prescribed by supervisor or manager
• Recommend best practices for management of AR to Assistant Controller
• Facilitate, conduct and accurately manage Accounts Payable process
• Process and effectively manage direct cost accounts payable, indirect cost accounts payable(overhead liabilities), and overseas agents payments, timely and efficiently
• Timely and professional vendor responses and escalation of vendor inquiries
• Timely and professional responses to internal entities’ inquiries related to accounts payable
• Submit to vendors requested back up documents and payments information missing in their system
• Utilization and maximization of the current module or any other system in the process of accounts payable
• Evaluate, develop and maintain time efficient payment methods for increases in efficiency and timely payment of accounts payable invoices
• Conduct research in vendor invoice issues raised internally and by vendors to correct errors
• Identify and install higher efficiency methods in identifying operational files for matching and verifying vendor data for payment
• Maintain security and integrity of all company checks and other official documentation
• Any other accounts payable related tasks as directed by team supervisor or manager
• Administrative tasks as directed in the areas of business insurances, resource acquisition and incoming mail management
• Ensure proper requisition procedures are followed, and manage documentation
• Attain directed number of quotes in the process of resource acquisition
• Sort, disseminate and forward mail to the appropriate entities
• Maintain organizational and competent filing of administrative documents including business insurance, contract, and service agreements
• Educational – Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Business and or Accounting
• Organization – Competent organization and file management skills are essential in this position. Must be able to constantly and accurately maintain all Accounting related information, and be able to provide information to clients, vendors, and internal team members. Systemization of file management is crucial. Scheduling and timing of AR/AP transactions is vital to the organization.
• Communication and Customer Service – must be able to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively with clients (internal and external) and vendors via phone, email, fax, in-person or any other means as required.
• Systems Usage/Data Entry – Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Windows-based systems. Knowledge of Cargowise would be a plus.
• Decision Making – must be able to react and think under pressure situations, with regard to the present and future of the company.
• Planning – Should be forward looking and develop processes, procedures, and effective working relationships with all forms of entities that maximize the growth potential of the company.
Legacy Supply Chain Company - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard