We are currently seeking a Network Design Architect for our client in the San Jose CA area.
Candidate do not have to be local to San Jose but willing to relocate for this long term contract.
Install server and storage devices in datacenter/Co-locations
Configure/Monitoring all server and backup systems using logging, 3rd party monitoring tools
Configure and servers in our datacenter and colocation
Debug and fix issues over the phone or in person when we have an outage
Document the Network Devices/Data center Diagrams.
Other additional skills that would be a BIG Plus
- Overall min 7 years’ experience in server and storage systems area.
- 5- 8 years in installation/configuration of high end servers and storage hardware in data centers
- 2 – 4 Experience in managing Linux Enterprise environments.
- 3 – 5 Experience in working in Windows and Linux (CentOS, Redhat)
- 2 – 4 years experience installing VMWare products – ESX, ESXi, VSphere, vCenter, P2V&V2V conversions.
- Knowledge of working with iSCSI
- Experience in working with Backup systems like Veritas, CommVault, is big advantage.
- Experience with configuring NAS storage systems (NetApp, Equallogic).
- Worked on configuring Vmware servers to high speed switches
- Experience in storage migrations between platforms.
- Experience in supporting engineering build environment toolset