Responsible for physical therapy management of patients under the direction & supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor.
- Tests & evaluates the extent of a patient's disability to ensure proper treatment using various tests & procedures.
- Plans therapy program, establishes treatment goals; & administers treatment to restore body functions, strength, relieve pain, & prevent disability through the use of various therapeutic techniques & procedures. This includes patients in establishing goals & obtains patient's informed consent as necessary.
- Provides patients & family members w/ treatment plan & instructions for home exercise programs & pain relief techniques.
- Upgrades treatment plan & goals as patient progresses.
- Regularly assesses clinical signs & symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, & the need for modifying goals & treatment.
- Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
- Provides accurate & timely documentation of physical therapy management & patient management.
- Maintains appropriate medical records, documentation for each patient including evaluation, treatment & progress.
- Consults w/ medical providers regarding patient evaluation & treatment, progress of the patient, & discharge from treatment. Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions, & contraindications.
- Maintains compliance w/ documentation standards of department & regulatory agencies.
- Establishes safe work environment.
- Maintains clinical competency & ethical standards as outlined in the guidelines of the APTA.
- Maintains departmental supplies, equipment, & apparatus in clean, safe & functional condition.
- Directs & instructs support personnel in performance of more routine procedures as requested.
- Establishes & maintains courteous, cooperative relations w/ the public patients & other personnel.
- Provides triage Physical Therapy services by providing advice & care either by means of phone triage &/or 1st Contact PT.
- Provides input &/or assistance to Senior Physical Therapist & Physical Therapy Supervisor in the development of new classes, services, member & provider education, development of handouts, & other related services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
a) Post graduate degree from an accredited university with a specialty focus
- A mimimum of 3 years of full time practice as a licensed Physical Therapist in a clinical setting required.
- Actively pursuing & engaging in at least 1 of these continuing education or clinical experiences to gain/enhance clinical expertise required as described below:
b) Fellowship or certificate from an accredited body or organization in a subject matter that is pertinent to our patient population and is clinic based.
c) Expertise/competency in a particular subject matter in a clinical subject matter in high demand or in a clinical subject matter that we have limited resources or specialists on staff.
d) Expertise/competency that has been gained from years of clinical experience from treating a pertinent diagnosis or patient population
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum for a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral Degree w/ certification in physical therapy or a foreign-trained equivalent required.
- Licensure to practice physical therapy by the State of Virginia required.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- BLS Certification required.
- Enrollment in PECOS within 30 days of assignment to position required.
- Maintains professional & neat appearance at all times.
- Teaches Physical Therapy related Health Education Classes, if demonstrates the required clinical skills.
- Becomes actively involved in supervision & orientation of volunteers w/in Physical Therapy Department.
- Participates in community activities & member education at least 2 times per year, which may include teaching health education classes, participating in medical center functions & attending community health fairs.
- Is flexible for coverage as needed in other facilities w/in the service area if appropriate.
- Knowledge of or practice in at least 75% of Basic PT Clinical Core Competencies preferred. Refer to list of clinical competencies
- Customer Focus
- Process Management
- Decision Quality
- Timely Decision Making
- Peer Relationships
- Priority Setting
- Action/Results Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills
- Drive for Results
- Good Communication Skills
Kaiser Permanente - 18 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...