Web Applications Developer
Summary: The Web Applications Developer will be responsible for architecting, developing and working on a wide variety of projects written in ASP.Net and MS SQL. The ideal developer will have broad knowledge of web development technologies and be well-versed in software development processes, methodologies, and concepts. In addition, the ideal candidate will be passionate about their work, committed to developing their skills and career, and wacky enough to mix well with a humorous, skilled, results-focused team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop innovative web-based applications to support Universal Avionics business activities.
- Extend and update existing web applications with a focus on best practices and data/application security.
- Deploy applications that incorporate data warehouse and business intelligence components.
- Design and maintain relational databases to support web applications.
- Develop tools to manage website content, including user-driven administrative tools for subject area experts.
- Prototype various customer interfaces designs, and determine the best layout to meet the business and technical needs of the project.
- Provide technical guidance, feedback, and direction for all areas of the Universal intranet environment.
- Coordinate with business and technical team members to document and review the application requirements and technical design.
- Provide accurate and timely estimates to project managers and project teams.
- Collaborate with technical administrators to define architectural aspects of new web-based projects.
- Analyze, test, and debug completed software code to ensure proper functionality, optimal design, and compliance with defined specifications.
- Perform iterative reviews of web application functionality with users during the development process.
- Provide escalated support and troubleshooting for web applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft ASP.Net using C# and/or VB.Net
- Visual Studio.NET and Visual SourceSafe
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008 database development
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Web Services and SOAP
- Classic ASP, VB, VBScript
- Strong analytical skills to modify existing code as well as the ability to author creative solutions that build on the current infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of web development technologies, OO analysis and design, database technologies, and systems architecture
- Proficient with standard coding practices and web design methodologies
- Ability to rapidly prototype designs and present them for business review
- Microsoft SharePoint Server development experience is preferred
- Salesforce.com development is preferred
- Experience with local and wide area network concepts and technologies is preferred
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to successfully interface between both technical and non-technical audiences in a professional manner
- Possess strong leadership and problem solving skills, with a high degree of attention to detail and a willingness to take the initiative
- Customer service oriented with a strong drive to ensure reliable applications and a high operational focus on keeping the business running
- Ensure consensus with the business on all project goals and deliverables
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple complex initiatives at one time while meeting agreed-upon deadlines
- Willing and able to quickly learn new concepts and technologies as needed
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- 4-6 years experience with design, development, and maintenance of web-based applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
This job description may not list all the duties of the job. UASC has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time and for any reason.
U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency status required.
Universal Avionics’ products and technology are controlled under U.S export laws including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations and the Export Administration Act (“Export Laws”). Universal Avionics’ inquiry regarding citizenship is solely for the purpose of ensuring that Universal Avionics remains compliant with the Export Laws and Universal Avionics internal export control procedures.
Human Resource Manager, MKT
Universal Avionics Systems Corporation - 18 months ago