Graphics Power Intern
Your responsibilities will include some of the following depending on your interest and skill set:
- Writing, validating, executing, and analyzing the results of RTL-level tests to measure device power under specific scenarios
- Generation of short scripts in C++, or Perl or other language to extract and manipulate data into more usable formats
- Working in a lab to measure dynamic and leakage power consumption of Intel Processor Graphics devices under different test conditions and workloads
You should be working towards a graduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with coursework experience in Digital Logic Design, Microelectric Circuit Design, and Computer Architecture.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in computer architecture concepts such as pipelining, virtual memory, caches, etc.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, preferably some combination of Perl and C#
- Experience in the use of CAD tools to simulate RTL or netlists, and synthesize logic from RTL
- Background in VLSI
- Strong debugging skills
- Previous experience or coursework in the area of graphics architecture and concepts or display technologies.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) design tools such as VCS logic simulator, Synopsys* Design Compiler, Synopsys* Primetime*, Verilog* Register Transfer Level (RTL) language and Perl scripting.
Feb 8, 2013
Feb 9, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 24 months ago
45 years of changing the world.
Back in 1968, two scientists, Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore, founded Intel with a vision for...