Sunbelt Rentals, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ashtead Group plc, is one of the largest equipment rental companies in the U.S. Based in Fort Mill, S.C., we serve the needs of a wide variety of customers – from commercial, residential, municipal and specialized service industries to weekend do-it-yourselfers. With a large network of locations in 34 states and the District of Columbia, we deliver the equipment you need and provide a superior level of customer service.
At Sunbelt Rentals we aspire to be the best player in the industry, not the biggest.
The primary function of the Class A CDL Driver is to deliver and remove heavy construction equipment and supplies to and from the customer worksite.
Deliver and recover equipment at the customer site, which may include; but is not limited to:
- Loading, unloading and securing the equipment.
- Local or long-distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
- Perform basic troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment at jobsite and make minor repairs.
- Perform daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety.
- Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
- Accurately obtain require signatures on rental contracts, pick up and exchange forms.
- Demonstration of proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
- Perform other duties assigned by the manager or authorized personnel.
- Complete inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment; completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Valid Driver’s license with Class A CDL certification, DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines.
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing.
- Possess knowledge of and/or previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
- Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment preferred.
- 2 years experience preferred; with verifiable over-the-road experience operating combination commercial vehicles.
- Be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Possess a current driver’s license, DOT Physical Examination (Medical Card).
- Exhibit safe driving behavior / record instead of quality level record and maintain a Sunbelt quality level driving record.
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
- Exhibit professional defensive driving techniques to protect internal equipment and other drivers
- Possess a “Can Do” attitude and be willing to do what is necessary to exceed customer expectation.
- Must have sufficient mechanical ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle.
- Must have a working knowledge of delivery area.
- Possess prior experience in safe operation of heavy construction machinery within rental industry, and working understanding of load securement and transport.
Sunbelt Rentals - 8 months ago
Sunbelt Rentals shines in the equipment rental business. A huge rental equipment company in the US, Sunbelt specializes in the rental and...