Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
Provides the necessary support for maintenance and repairs on the heating and air conditioning equipment and systems.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance to include but not limited to HVAC, temperature control and refrigeration and humidification systems.
- Installs new HVAC, temperature control, refrigeration and humidification systems.
- Performs daily inspections on boilers, air compressors, chillers, etc. to ensure safe operation.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Keeps tools and equipment in proper working order.
- Identifies equipment needs, parts and supplies, and maintain adequate inventory.
- Documents completed work according to procedure.
- Knows and adheres to safety codes and regulatory agency requirements.
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations with staff, departments, vendors and customers. Provides clear communication to appropriate parties and prioritizes workload to meet deadlines.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Safety: Observes safety procedures; uses appropriate personal protective equipment; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports unsafe conditions.
- Use tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Proficient in use of all job related tools and test equipment.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Computer Skills: Has understanding and experience with the use of basic windows program and Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook email. Must be able to understand and create basic diagrams using a drawing tool such as Visio.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current City of Wichita Journeyman HVAC License (Wichita only).
- Valid Driver's License, and insurable.
- Insurable for driving company vehicles (through via Christi’s policy) as applicable to duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to carry or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 100 pounds for short distances.
- Frequently required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
- Frequently performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood, body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and sharp objects potentially contaminated with blood borne pathogens or other infectious agents.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally high
- The employee is occasionally exposed to grease, lubricants, hazardous chemicals, and other contaminants, electric shock, moving parts and high/precarious places.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and high, precarious places.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
- This position has indirect patient contact.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer. We support diversity in the workplace.
Via Christi Health System - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard