Build Your Future in the Shooting Sports Industry
ATK Commercial Products is a leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of ammunition and hunting, shooting and tactical accessories. Our brands include Federal Premium, Outers, RCBS, Weaver, CCI Ammunition, Speer, and Champion Target. We proudly service government, law enforcement and commercial customers.
Our Lewiston, ID location is seeking an Assembler II to add to our team. The ATK CCI/Speer location has a rich history in the community and has been operating for over 50 years. The purpose of this position is to fill openings in Assembly and Metal Parts departments, including Assembler and Machine Operator jobs.
Shift Information: Ability to work any shift including Days, Swing, Weekend Days, and Weekend Swing, 10 and 12 hour shifts.
- Learns and gains proficiency in various positions of the Assembly Operation (load lines, packaging lines, inspection) and rotates through each of the positions as assigned. May also perform the duties of an entry-level Machine Operator.
- Must be available to work schedules as assigned by supervision. There is no guarantee of a minimum number of hours.
- Maintains good attendance within established standards.
- Follow work instructions to safely produce, assemble, inspect, and package high quality CCI/Speer products and components.
- Follow and improve manufacturing processes; document production records and statistics as required.
- 1+ years of on-the-job experience, with manufacturing experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates must be at least 18 years old; able to pass a background check and pre-employment physical & drug screen; and pass required written testing.
- Physically demanding work: Continual lifting, gripping, turning, finger dexterity, and hand /eye coordination is required throughout the shift. Product moves from station to station in plates. Position requires handling plates that vary in weight from 5 to 30 pounds on a continual basis.
- Long hours: 10 or 12 hour shifts, mostly standing occasionally rotating into a sitting position.
- Good vision required: Position requires good vision to inspect product for quality. Must be able to distinguish colors for some positions. Must be able to wear protective eyewear.
- Manufacturing environment: Exposure to noise is present and occasionally employees are exposed to dust and fumes. Safety equipment such as protective eyewear and earplugs are required and provided by the company.
- High attentiveness for safety and detection of problems.
- Reading and math comprehension to understand and interpret quality information (SPC, charts, graphs, etc.), and to complete production reporting.
- Interpersonal communication skills to problem-solve and to function effectively as part of a work team.
- Flexibility to move between jobs and to handle many tasks simultaneously
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical and dental, 401k, PTO and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Assembly, Inspector, Machinist, Entry Level, Manufacturing, Quality
ATK - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...