Functional Responsibility: Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
Expertise may be desired in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Experience identifying and resolving network communications and system software problems, as well as, supporting users and user applications
- Experience supporting computers running Microsoft Windows NT, UNIX, LINUX, or Solaris operating systems
- Maintain networks, install and maintain software for numerous users or systems via modern communications technology
- Experience installing, loading, configuring operating system software; troubleshooting; installing the desktop and installing applications
- Experience with operating system backup and restoration using the provided system tools and third party commercial products.
- Proficiency with applicable network devices to include repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, and hubs
- Experience with external network communications such as NSANET.
- Proficiency in developing and delivering program briefings, technical presentations, program documentation, technical writing and problem reporting to upper level government management
Certification and Training:
- Solaris 10 Systems
- VMWare or Sun Virtualization
- Red Hat Linux
- Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Servers
- Understanding of Systems Security
- Cisco Routers
Five (5) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor of Science (BS) from an accredited college or university in a technical degree field is desired.
ClearanceJobs.com - 10 months ago