Eaton Aerospace Group has an opening for a Senior Materials Analyst (Buyer/Planner) in its Charleston, SC facility. Responsible for materials planning, scheduling, and work order release activities associated with the delivery of specific customer orders. Plans and coordinates receipt and inventory of material to ensue on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Manages the inventory and production plan for a given product group to optimize and meet plant goals. In addition, perform the effective procurement of a wide variety of direct materials ensuring that quality, delivery, and specification requirements are met at the lowest possible total cost. This individual will take leadership of cost reduction projects, commercial negotiations, and implementation of sourcing strategies. Additionally, this individual will be expected to identify, improve, and implement business processes as well as provide leadership within the department and with the supply base. This position requires the ability to develop a competitive environment within the supply base and to make sourcing decisions based on total cost of ownership considerations.
- Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure on-time completion of customer requirements.
- Plan and release work orders as required to meet customer orders while maintaining optimum lead time and inventory level.
- Initiates required documentation and system transactions to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required.
- Drives shortage meetings with a cross functional team and expedites material where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements.
- Analyzes data including MRP/ERP information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
- Maintains planning parameters per established MRP/ERP procedures to ensure proper order generation.
- Identifies material cost and schedules impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
- Supports cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
- Manage Purchase price variance (PPV) strategically by developing mitigation plans and strategies to provide a positive impact to overall results.
- Initiate quoting activity, evaluate supplier proposals, and negotiate price and delivery based on total cost of ownership and ensuring alignment with corporate and local goals and objectives.
- Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers seeking mutually beneficial long term relationships.
- Participate in cross-functional teams chartered with improving supplier performance and executing corrective actions, drive continuous improvement through the supply base.
- Facilitate the implementation of goals and objectives between corporate commodity management and the facility SCM team.
- Maintain records and correspondence relative to quotations, purchase orders, contracts, and agreements and assist with resolving supplier A/P issues.
- Complies with plant safety procedures to ensure a safe environment.
Critical competencies for this role include:
- Thorough knowledge of Materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operations concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stock room operations, and shipping/receiving functions
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement processes
- Good computer skills especially MS Office Suite
- Priority Setting
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Agility
- Written and Verbal Communication
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...