Per Diem (on call, as needed)
Benefits are not available for this position
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation and managed by Banner Health. A JCAHO-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. With a strong patient-to-nurse ratio, ours is a Magnet aspiring facility with a Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of confidential electronic health records. The position may perform a variety of HIMS functions, such as record completion, transcription coordination, document imaging, release of information, and providing services and information to physicians and staff. May analyze the electronic medical records for quantitative and qualitative completion based on the facility’s medical staff rules and regulations, company policy, and State, Federal and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Conducts routine releases of health information in accordance with company policy and all state and federal laws.
- May review and analyze health information through the use of electronic health record tools for provider completion and record deficiencies in accordance with the Joint Commission, CMS, state licensing agencies, Medical Staff rules and regulations, and HIMS Department standards. Accurately maintains data related to deficiencies in the Electronic Medical Record.
- May provide customer service and assistance related to HIMS departmental functions to patients, vendors, providers, ancillary staff, and other departments in person, over the telephone, through email, or by other means.
- May perform the document imaging function, including scanning, Quality Control and Validation, to ensure scanned images are uploaded into the correct electronic health record visit and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
- Is knowledgeable and proficient in accessing and utilizing all applicable EHR systems as well as other applications utilized by the HIMS department.
- As applicable, may work with state recording processes. For birth registration, reports all facility births to the state and meets state reporting guidelines.
- May perform current and retrospective review of scanned documents through the certification process in an effort to maintain the integrity and completeness of the Electronic Medical Record and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
- May perform a variety of other support functions including assistance with basic transcription issues and requests, merges and combines in the EHR, answering telephones, and other duties as assigned by HIMS leadership.
Requires the knowledge of health information practices and principles as normally demonstrated through completion of one or more years of post-high school education in medical records and information systems OR high school diploma or GED and one or more years of experience working with medical records and/or health information management.
Requires the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; requires ability to inspect, read, and analyze written material. Must be able to perform and work on multiple tasks and organize and prioritize work. Requires good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, along with effective teamwork skills.
Requires strong technical skills in the use of software applications and databases. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) eligible or equivalent is preferred. A background in the use of medical terminology for the assigned area is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard