Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses including Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDb, Amazon Mobile store, and Audible. Many of these applications run on a range of mobile platforms including iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows Mobile and WebOS.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 8 years experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Development experience on multiple Platforms (J2ME, BREW, Cocoa, Symbian, Google Android, iOS, Series 60, Series 40, Windows Mobile, PalmOS, IE, Safari, FireFox) and mobile devices (Apple iPhone, RIM Blackberry, Windows Phone, Android phones and tablets.)
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience with operating a top 50 visited website in the world
- Experience with QA best practices
- Experience with continuous build and release management practices
- Project management experience
- Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
- Experience in software development is also highly recommended
Amazon.com - 10 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...