This position will be
responsible for support of the open source Linux environment residing in
non-retail locations. The associate
will work closely with infrastructure, network, database and application teams
to insure business applications are highly available and performing within
agreed on service levels. They will be
primarily responsible for support of our “private cloud” infrastructure and
• 3+ years supporting open source Linux operating systems (RHEL, CENTOS, Ubuntu) and hardware in an enterprise environment.
• 3+ years experience installing, configuring Linux based systems
• 2+ years supporting cloud based infrastructure including associated open source hypervisors (XEN, KVM)
• Strong scripting expertise including BASH, PERL, Python and UNIX Shells
• Expertise in typical system administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis, server hardening (security).
• Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems
• Project implementation experience including design and management of complex solutions utilizing Linux Operating Systems and hardware
• Expertise in Puppet infrastructure support and administration
• Provides day to day production support of our “private cloud” infrastructure including;
o Operating system and hypervisor provisioning
o Automation development and support
o Charge-back processes
o OS template creation and updates
• Architectural updates and enhancements to “private cloud” offering including
o Operating system updates
o Hypervisor updates
o Data Replication technology
o Hardware model changes and updates
o Disaster Recovery
• Utilize industry standard technologies to insure the integrity of recoverability of Linux servers; backups, patch installations, performance monitoring etc.
• Work with the project and application development teams to implement new business initiatives as they relate to the “private cloud”
• Works with application teams to install operating system updates, patches, version upgrades as required.
• Implement vulnerability and operating system patches to insure compliance and system integrity.
• Works with application teams to troubleshoot complex problems that impact our customer’s ability to perform required business functions.
Sears Holdings Corp. - 19 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...