Staff Accountant will prepare daily and month statistics, maintain contractual logs, assist with month end closing, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, assist with cash management, bank reconcilliations, fixed asset tracking. Knowledge of GAAP, payroll systems, AP systems, and general ledger systems and the ability to effectively interfaces with hospital employees, managers, and other health team members, while maintaining quality standards. Completes other accounting duties as assigned. 1. Must be able to perform moderately complex calculations utilizing addition, subtraction multiplication and division skills.
2. College degree or equilivant experience preferred.
3. Ability to communicate effectively.
4. Working knowledge of GAAP.
5. Computer knowledge and skills required.
6. Excel, and main frame type system experience/knowledge preferred.
7. Must be able to retain information that is job specific such as safety regulations, current policies and procedures.
8. Must be able to read and interpret communication documents. Must have a command of the English language to be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, physician, patients, families, visitors and other health care professionals.
9. Must make complex decisions regarding staffing, assignments, and interpersonal relationships. Must be able to set priorities, organize work, delegate duties, and objectively evaluate and implement opportunities for improvement.
10. Must be constantly alert to the needs of staff. Must be receptive to ideas changes and challenges. Must show leadership, use good judgement, demonstrate initiative and work effectively with others. Must recognize his/her own limitations.
Bolivar Medical Center
- 2 years ago - save job