Prepares for and performs standard x-ray examinations, and may perform fluoroscopic procedures. Performs portable examinations and may perform surgical x-ray procedures. Utilizes proper positioning and selection of appropriate technical factors using various radiographic equipment to obtain optimal results.
1. Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
2. Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
3. Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
4. Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
5. Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
6. Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
7. Performs x-ray examinations applying appropriate infection control and radiation safety measures.
8. Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
9. May perform surgical x-ray examinations, will utilize appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
10. Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers' scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program
' Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
' Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient's need
' Demonstrated venipuncture competency
' PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
' ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
' ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
' Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State.
' BLS certification required upon hire.
' Excellent verbal and written communication skills
' Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
' Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
' Strong organizational and analytical skills.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Please see above.
PeaceHealth - 15 months ago
PeaceHealth provides patients with a tranquil place to recover. Make that several tranquil places to recover. PeaceHealth serves residents...