Department: Food & Beverage Hours of Work: 20-40 Hours
Category: Seasonal FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Grade Level: DOE Date Approved: 2/9/2013
Reports to (Supervises/Liaison): Kitchen Supervisor
Under the direction of the shift Kitchen Supervisor, responsible for the washing of restaurant dishes, equipment, etc., and the cleanliness of the kitchen area, in order to contribute to a smooth operation.
- During a shift, washes dishes, silverware, glasses, pots and pans, and cooking utensils;
- Ensures a well stocked and orderly supply is available for restaurant use.
- Assists with movement of supplies from lower terminal to kitchen area.
- In accordance with sanitation regulations and standard restaurant kitchen practices, cleans the kitchen cooking, preparation and serving areas; dusts, wipes down and sanitizes all working areas and equipment; sweeps and mops floors.
- Assists and coordinates efforts with cooks and bussers in order to contribute to an effective and efficient restaurant operation.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned .
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to meet time and attendance requirements
- Ability to work all different shifts including holidays and weekends
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle stress under pressure
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to guests those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
- Skills and ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
- Ability to work productively and quickly.
- Ability to learn the practices and techniques of cleaning and sanitizing restaurant space, utensils and equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn, understand and follow verbal and written instructions/directions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to physically lift and carry up to 60lbs. when necessary/ to continually stand during a shift.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent, AND
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Current CPR and first aid certificates
- Drug testing may be required.
- Prior Tram Operations experience.
Standard restaurant and bar environment as part of an aerial tramway and lift operation at a 1800 ft. elevation; constant exposure to extreme heights, and periodic exposure to movement in narrow/confined work spaces and a hot, noisy, environment; prolong standing for extended periods of time. Constant public interaction and communication and exposure to extreme heat and cold (dishroom/kitchen, coolers and freezers); physically strenuous. This position requires continual standing during shift, and must be able to lift/carry up to 60 pounds when necessary. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas.
Closing Date: 2/2
Goldbelt, Inc. - 2 years ago