Please note: Your application to this job will be a direct email to an Ameriprise recruiter. When you apply, simply submitting an email address does not mean you've applied. Please, ensure you complete the entire application process to be considered a candidate. If you are having difficulty applying for this job or you're leveraging a free email account (ie: gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
To work with an employing franchise owner who will lead you as you hone your skills and build a base of clients which you service. As an AFA, you will be instrumental in creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation – Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice
Marketing and Client Acquisition ≥ 20%
Financial Planning and Advice ≥ 25%
- Develop and implement annual marketing plan to meet client acquisition goals
- Contact prospects to set up meetings or appointments.
- Leverage natural market to drive new client acquisition.
- Learn and implement client referral program.
- Use network marketing with Center of Influence to drive client acquisition.
- Implement key marketing activities including:
- Client Contact Model.
- Referrals and Networking.
- Seminars and Events.
- Local advertising and media relations.
- Office branding.
Product Solutions ≥ 25%
- Identify clients to engage or re-engage in planning relationships.
- Prepare for client meetings focused on planning discussions.
- Perform case analysis and develop recommendations.
- Conduct and/or participate in client meetings to present recommendations/deliver advice.
- Track/hold clients accountable to agreed upon actions.
- Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested, as it relates to servicing their accounts.
Business Management 15 - 20%
- Determine the client’s risk tolerance.
- Determine the client’s time frame.
- Develop portfolio/robust product solution recommendations that will fit the client’s risk tolerance and time frame.
- Run illustrations and hypotheticals.
- Develop appropriate product deliverables.
- Persuade clients to act upon advice/recommendations.
- Execute trades to align with proposed portfolio.
- Monitor economy, markets, and world events to determine any required strategic rebalancing.
- Manage wholesaler relationships.
- Conduct transactions on behalf of clients without franchisee approval (full licensing is required).
- Review work methods and procedures for possible quality improvements and efficiencies and implement them when appropriate.
- Assign and delegate work and provide feedback, when appropriate, to other planning support staff.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Act as a technical resource and provide training and support to other practice members.
Key Traits of a Successful AFA
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead.
- Review and respond to emails as necessary.
- Maintain files and records in accordance with the records retention policy.
- Ability to market to local clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communications and persuasive ability.
- Analytical ability, persistence and an entrepreneurial perspective to build a client base.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial and regulatory agencies.
- To be an associate financial advisor, you will need to already have or be willing to study for and pass exams for federal and state licenses and registrations for securities including:
- Series 7.
- Series 66.
- State life, accident and health insurance licenses.
- 2 years ago - save job
It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products,...